Your needs on the Ride will vary based on the weather, your biking experience, and the route you choose. Please consider all these factors as you prepare for the day. Here are some suggestions and ideas.
All riders should bring:
- Helmet (this is mandatory)
- A spare tube – we’ll have Ride Stewards riding along with riders to help you change a tire, but because all tires are different, you need to bring a spare that fits your bike!
- Water bottle and enough water for your ride – we’ll have bottled water at the start should you need extra but bring what you think you’ll need
- A rain jacket and/or wind breaker
- For your comfort after the Ride you might appreciate a change of clothes/socks/sandals
If you’re signed up for one of the longer routes, please consider that you will be on rural back roads and, in some cases, out of cell service (Verizon Wireless towers cover *most* of the area, with some black out areas). We will have Ride Stewards riding along the route and a support vehicle that responds to phone calls and sweeps the route. This said, bring what you need to be comfortable in this situation should something unforeseen arise.
There are businesses along the route where you can purchase a snack or drink. Be sure to visit the 2013
Ride for the River Sponsors!